Position: Index>>Resource>>Library
Library

Founded in 1950,the DUT library began in 1963 as a single building with 8370 square metres at the Dalian Engineering College.Since 1988,the library transformed the name to the Library of Dalian University of Technology in accordance with the changing of the college name.

When the new library building opened its door in 1997,it is named Bochuan Library as a memorial to the first president of the university Qu Bochuan.The new building would seat 2,230 students ,while the old building remains with 3000 squares metres to store books and offers lending service of literature books. In addition to the two buildings that were the chemical engineering library,holding 300seats,and recognizes its need for ready access to chemical resources.

Professor Yang Haitian is appointed current director of the library.The astonishing growth of the internet has allowed the library to dramatically expand the range of automation and networking.In the 2000s,the library began transforming their collections and operations to take advantage of newly developing technology.The electronic and the DUT library catalog went online, allowing users to perform searches in a few seconds.

In the desired future,the mission of the DUT library is to create and sustain an intuition,trusted information environment that enables learning and the advanvement of knowledge at DUT. The library will continue to embrace change and align itself to thrive on diversity, to support professional growth and opportunity, and to raward flexibility and innovation.

Website:http://www.lib.dlut.edu.cn/englib/